Saturday, March 27, 2010

good lord it's been a long time ...







I've been so busy for so long I've neglected this blog - even if I never posted ALL that much to begin with.

Sports season starts at the newspaper in late August and doesn't stop until the middle of March. Well, we have sports (track, etc.) but not the kind of almost-every-night sports events that make me swear each year I will "quit my day job" by the time the next season rolls around.. hmmmm, 5 years and counting :S

Since I've last written here I've opened a second shop on Etsy: wearableartbyjude.etsy.com - my usable/wearable pieces of jewelry, etc. with my photographs displayed in them. Necklaces, bookmarks, bracelets, and paperweights, to be exact.

This kind of work started from how the economy was affecting sales of my photography in galleries a little over a year ago. Two-dimensional art "is just not selling" a gallery owner told me. What to do? I live for my photography and the thought that it my dream of making this my main business could die put my brain into idea-making overdrive.

For over 6 months I played with resins and played with different pendants... LOTS of mistakes, for sure. Finally I found a great resin and learned to design what I thought was appealing. My shop has been pretty successful since it opened at the end of last August, and I have plans for so many more different pieces to be designed. Even in the B&M shops where I sell they've been selling very well.

The best thing is that my photographs have taken off again as well - both in the galleries and online. Not quite enough for me to quit, but still.. I'm a pretty happy camper with lots of ideas still jetting through my brain.

I don't know what I'll do with my blog.. it seems hard to try to write what you think people want to read. Maybe that's the problem... maybe I should just write what I feel like talking about? Who knows.. but I'm going to give it another try..

I leave you with a few photographs of my work from my wearable shop ...

38 comments:

bdeclee said...

Jude,
You answered your own question: you should write what you like to talk about. This reader is interested, at least. :-)

Joy White said...

i have been watching and watching - So glad that you are back!! Love the new jewelry!!

怡谷 said...

It's great!!..................................................

佩昭彥怡 said...

一沙一世界,一花一天堂,掌中握無限,剎那即永恆 ..................................................

Porsha蔡Coghlan明宏 said...

Learn wisdom by the follies of others. ......................................................

逸凡逸凡 said...

wonderful...................................................

家銘 said...

讓人流連忘返,真期待新文章發表!........................................

佩上心璇 said...

人生的苦惱,不在擁有太少,而在奢望太多。 ....................................................

曉豪 said...

量力而為,別勉強了,Cut your coat according to your cloth.

韋于倫成 said...

逛到你的部落格,第一個感覺就很好,希望每次更新都是美好的開始,也祝你天天都都開心喔........................................

偉誠 said...

人類最大的悲劇不是死亡,而是沒有掌握有意義的人生..............................

熙辰 said...

一夜聊天室女同聊天聊天室二愛聊天室苗栗聊天66k聊天69性交6k 聊天至6k 聊天館 6k6k天室6k館777貼圖區77p2 影片網77P2P77p2p277p2p本土85ccst街影城2010問題小棧0401影音視訊非會員18h漫貼圖區18p2p帳密18p2p帳號18p2p帳號密碼18r 禁小說18r禁小說18r禁影片18tw台灣18tw情色文學18us線上影片18x免費女優火辣視訊薄紗主播網友自拍露點圖18成人成人韭南籽

長卉長卉 said...

你不能決定生命的長度,但你可以控制它的寬度..................................................

burtong said...

希望是風雨之夜所現之曉霞 ..................................................

huntb said...

Many a little makes a mickle...................................................................

育財 said...

世間是非,要如水泥地般水過則乾。..................................................................

sada said...

文章雖然普通,但意義卻很大~~^^~~.....................................................................

陳隆 said...

生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。....................................................................

茹希茹希 said...

良言一句三冬暖,惡語傷人六月寒。.................................................................

智超智超 said...

一個人的價值,應該看他貢獻了什麼,而不是他取得了什麼............................................................

芸茂芸茂 said...

Fancy may kill or cure...................................................

ju吳phe宇te佳ns said...

每次看完你的文章,總是回味許久,要經常發表喔。..................................................................

健豪健豪 said...

來看你了~心在、愛在、牽掛在,幸福才會繁衍不息^^............................................................

張怡 said...

來替你打氣,加油A_A.................................[/url]...............

胡茹雨胡茹雨 said...

好文!值得一推~~加油哦!............................................................

黃威宇 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
楊儀卉 said...

道歉是人類一定必要的禮節..................................................

謝俊銘 said...

這個讚唷!!值得佳賞與獎勵~~●ω●............................................................

葉仲蓮葉仲蓮 said...

成功可招引朋友,挫敗可考驗朋友............................................................

李家黃喬盈榮 said...

死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

文王廷 said...

一個人的價值,應該看他貢獻了什麼,而不是他取得了什麼....................................................

吳淑惠吳淑惠吳淑惠吳淑惠 said...

Rome was not built in a day............................................................

怡張樺怡張樺怡張樺 said...

我愛那些使自己的德行成為自己的目標或命定的人................................................

忠姜姜姜蓮 said...

你不能決定生命的長度,但你可以控制它的寬度..................................................................

怡靜怡靜怡靜怡雯 said...

從人生中拿走友誼,猶如從生活中移走陽光......................................................................

盛灵林 said...

從來愛都不知它的深度,非得等到別離的時候.....................................................................

HKjiqi said...

人生就像一顆核桃,必須敲破它,才會顯出他的內容。..................................................... ............

饶湘国 said...

寂寞又無聊 看到你的BLOG 加油喔!!..................................................