Monday, January 16, 2012

Betwixt Fluff and Import

I haven't written in a very long time.. between the two shops, the galleries, the shows, the work, the resin, the hair caught in resin, and the like, I just kept putting it off.

I've decided to remedy that with the promise of writing at least once a week ...
probably...
maybe...
I'll try but don't pressure me...

That being settled, I'm stuck on what to write about on this first-time-in-forever post. Valentine's Day or Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. How do I want this blog to grow? Will my views/opinions chase people away? Do I want pretty and fluffy all the time, or do I want important things I think about to be the talk of the day?

Well, I think I'll settle for writing about whatever is on my mind that day - what you read is what you get (that doesn't even make sense, but you know what I mean).

I have a lot of favorite quotes from Dr.King but my absolute favorite one is: "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

  
Calling to the Sky
Those words embrace my belief that we can make a difference in this world - whether it be with a crowd or whether it be with a single person.  I understand that there are people who don't like to make waves.. and some who like doing nothing BUT making waves, if for no other reason than to bring attention to themselves. But in the mix.. somewhere in the  middle.. lies the courage to speak or do something that matters - to us and to countless others. To fight the fight, whether it's large or small. To stand up for someone by standing up TO someone. To say "this isn't right.. you cannot do that.. this isn't how I want my world to be." There is pride to be had in taking a stand, in speaking your mind, in helping change things that need changing - EVEN if these changes are not seen in our lifetime.

Live together
Be respectful
Do not be silent...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful post Jude! I look forward to more! :-)